Our June meeting was all about chop for birds. Greg showed one of many recipes that can be used to freeze food in advance for your feathered friends. Here are a few links for other ideas!
There are many more links out here, but there are a few I've used in the past. The following is a quick list of reminders when making chop!
1. Remember to use parrot safe foods.
2. Cook foods like quinoa and beans to add to your chop.
3. Already frozen foods are a great way to make it easy for you to make chop, and still be nutritious for your birdie friend.
4. Oatmeal is a great way to "dry up" wet chop. Just add it in dry (non-cooked) to help with excess moisture.
5. Make sure your chop pieces are the appropriate size for your bird.
If you have any questions or need more suggestions, email Greg at or Jessi at